6 October 2009

zoom into me

i have decided  that each of my blog posts shall now have song titles as their names. Whether they are relevant or not. :3 If I re-use a song for a subject, you must tell me! I'll most likely add a video and/or link to said song, just to be cool. Harhar.

So, I haven't updated in a while; and I'm afraid I have no "drawing a day" again. That hasn't gone well, has it? At least I did it for... Two days? Whatever, I'll pick it up soon. :)

What's been going on, Beckii?

A lot, actually! As some of you might know my mum, step-dad, dad, dad's gf and myself all pitched in for my brother's AWESOME birthday present. This awesome present was having Tommy's GF, Aina, flown over! I met her at the airport after work on Thursday (1st Oct) and spent our evening on our laptops until we both decided it'd be a good idea to sleep. On Friday, we both hung out at home and went to town for a few bits and bobs. I'm glad we got time together, on our own, because it gave us a chance to "bond" I suppose. Anyway! What we planned to do was, at first, to hide her in a box - sadly, we couldn't find a box so we decided that we could hide her in the cupboard under the stairs. (Oooh, how Harry Potter!) Anyway, when Tommy came around we had popped some wrapping paper around her torso; and some bows on her, and put wrapping paper over the door. Along with a couple of balloons and a tiny card which read "please feed and water me 3 times a day."

Tommy opened the door, and.. yeah, he was shocked. His exact words "what the fuck?" But yeah, he was well happy and was almost completely speechless for at least five minutes! Later he said that at first he'd thought it was a fish tank, and then when he opened the door all he could see was two tiny hands so thought we'd got him a baby monkey LOL! He wasn't expecting it to be Aina. Bless, especially since his MSN subname is "best bday EVAR." He was also quite surprised at how Aina and I acted around each other - basically, that we were seemingly friends. Haha.

We went to cosmo for dinner, and they stayed over the night and I went to work the next day. Then in the evening, myself, and Dominus headed out to the Pig, as I hadn't been out in a while and yeah. We were celebrating being lonely together - Saru going to uni, she's his GF and she's my best friend. Lol. Kareoke! Was well fun, however, I can't remember much as I got drunk on not too much drink since I hadn't had alcohol in a while. But yeah, despite the fact I can't remember much I do remember four unfit guys stripping, and Dominus, Rachel P, Roadkill and myself doing "Skater Boi" for the kareoke. LOL. Hilarious. But that's pretty much all I can remember, tbh. Apparently it's kareoke each week now, according to Dominus, so that's awesome!

Work's been going well, apart from RatFace acting as if we're friends. I'm trying so hard to just get on with work; grit my teeth and bare the fact I have to talk to her if I want the people upstairs believeing I'm improving etc. But whatever, she hasn't called me "Becky" in like over a year and a half, and I felt uncomfortable when she started calling me it again recently. I can't be arsed with it to be honest, because I need to prove myself at work that I won't let shit get to me, I need to keep my cool and stuff. I think they're noticing, I hope they are anyway.

Oh yeah! Turns out there were Bust Mannequins for my department (lingerie) so I was allowed to get them down, with Sian, and Big Kim seemed amused by how excited we seemed to be about it - her words, give or take a word or two. Whateveeeer. but yeah, that was fun; and I re-did the bum mannequins as well, because they needed a chaaaange. But yeah, doing good at work. (:

Mum's back home, really happy about that too! YAY.

THIS TIME NEXT MONTH I'LL BE IN GERMANY WITH THE BELOVED THUKST STAFF<3



0 thoughts: